• In the Spotlight:

anyone else ever have a food aversion start in the 2nd trimester?

all of the sudden i cannot stand meat! for dinner tonight i made baked chicken veggies and potatoes and the smell of the chicken made me gag! all i could stomach was the veggies and potatoes- even though morning sickness has been gone for a good 3 or 4 weeks now- have u ever had this happen to u long after morning sickness end?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it only in the first trimester but my aversion was also to meat. I couldn't go near it. It was so strange. I would try and try and I just physically could NOT do it. I didn't get sick or anything. It was about as appealing as a bucket of nails.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• oh yeah-my son is 2 now but before i got pregnate with him i used to LOVE double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds. then i got pregnate and i couldnt eat them my entire pregnacy.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• This is very normal more than the so called cravings.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• after my first three months of hell morning sickness omg all i wanted was subway that is all i wanted all day and all night nothing else and the same thing just thinking about right now makes me hungry for one lol and no im not pregnant lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• the smell of bacon made me vomit from halfway to the end and also tuna fish smell made me puke. One day I ate 10 tuna fish sandwiches in one day when I was five months preggers and after that and to this day I can't be around fish.
    Anonymous

• It was salad for me. Not the lettuce, but the smell of salad dressing made me SOOO sick.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• meat for me too. it just has absolutly no appeal. i'll take veggies and some carbs anyday...no meat though!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• yes, With my fist daughter I stopped eating meat since I was 5 months pregnant with her and couldnt eat meat again until a year after she was born it was so gross just the thought made me wanna throw up. With my second I ate everything and now with these twins its happening again. I cannot stand meat. I will not eat it. I an't go near it. I absolutly hate chicken I have to work around it. So instead of eating spagetti and meatballs I'll eat it with out the meat. I especially hate fround beef but cannot wat porkchops or anything. My doctor said it was ok and there was a study that showed that pregnant women whow don't eat meat when there pregnant those fetus actaully live longer. It was a European study.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009