does anyone else...

does anyone else have a child that prone to staph infections? please no bashing. my son is prone to them and i learned that using antibacterial soap (i was using baby lavender soap) that it seems to help cut back on the amount of infections. at least my son it did. i had to word this as a question so-does anyone else have this issue?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• theres really no way to help prevent it besides being clean. once staph is in your system it will be there forever. so once your son gets a cut or a scrap that can alsp turn into a staph infection. so i know its hard to prevent accidents but try to make sure he doesnt cut open skin alot
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my daughter had staph before, it was only once, i did not know it can be an ongoing thing though, had to take her to the hospital for it and that was the last time it happened
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• actually it has nothing to do with being clean. my son takes bathes every night and sometimes twice a day. i even asked his dr if i shouls be bathing him more but he said its a bacteria that lives on your skin and some people are just more prone to it than others. but regardless thanks for you input. i just want to make sure that everyone is aware its not a "dirty disease".
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• damn sory for answer but i do think you said being clean cuts back on infection yourself..

i learned that using antibacterial soap (i was using baby lavender soap) that it seems to help cut back on the amount of infections.

but i guess since i said it i was wrong..silly me..how dare i say that
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• One of my sons had a couple bouts with it. But he hasn't since he was older.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i wasnt trying to be rude and i may be reading too much into this but i think there were some miscommunications. your words were:
    theres really no way to help prevent it besides being clean there is alot of bashing on this website and i wanted to make sure that it was known that i bathe my child-he doesnt get this because hes dirty all the time. i apologise if you took it as me being rude bc that wasnt my intentions at all. i sincerely do thank you for your input.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i didnt say you were dirty. i should of rephrased it. i mean use anitbacterial soap ( which u said you were) and wash watever your son touches so it doesnt pass to anyone else. i know how it works my self i had tehm a few years ago myself
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ok i just wanted to make sure there was no confusion w/ moms that have no experience with it and like to bash on it anyway. i wanted to get information out to moms that didnt know it. my dr never told me that antibacterial soap would help- go figure. but i didnt want to seem like i was being rude to you at all because i really wasnt trying to be rude. when i go into detail about things like that-its for the moms that bash. it was nothing against you but instead to defend myself before the bashing started. lol. thanks for understanding :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My son got it on his bottom once pretty bad. The doctor said to use dial soap. That was the soap he recommended.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2009