Does anyone know what can cause a rash all over the body that is not the chicken pox?

My daughter started to get a rash on her chest today. She hasn't been running any fevers. The rash has now spread all over her body. They are flat, faint red tiny little dots.

summernight

Asked by summernight at 8:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• Heat rash"?
    MommyBoo86

Answer by MommyBoo86 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• measles, mumps google them and see if they look like what your dd has
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It could be a lot of things. It could be as simple as an allergy to something like a food, a medicine, laundry soap. You didn't say how old she is but try some Benadryl and a lukewarm bath and see how she does.
    SteeleMommasita

Answer by SteeleMommasita at 8:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• She needs to see a doctor. There are various illnesses that will cause a rash over the whole body. My son had something such as you describe- no fever, just rash all over him, and a few days later he developed a fever.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my son had what I think you are describing and it turned out to be scarlet fever and needed antibiotics. You need to get her into the doctor.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My grandson and grandaughter (brother and sister) both got a horrible rash and found out it was a staph infection. You really should get her to a dr.
    cyberpet

Answer by cyberpet at 10:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• it may be peatorisis rosiera or something like that....mine was on my chest and belly...at first i thought i had a ring worm...then it spread...saw the doc and that is what it was diagnosed as....he also called it the christmas tree rash because its only on the torso....he didnt do anything for it but mine didnt itch...still might be...id take her to the doc, just to rule out anything serious
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009