Where do you get the morning after pills? How much are they?

and how long after having sex are they effective? If I did it the 9th could I take it tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think its 48 hours after and yes noone should say anything hateful but there are a bunch a high horse people here ... its about 50 ish dollars id take it as soon as you ccan tho because the longerr you wait the les effective it is it is effective for up to 48 hours tho i believe that is what it is you can get them at walgreens and cvs too just go to the counter and ask them if they have it or call before you go to make sure because they dont get many in so they run out of stock quick
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can get them at planned parenthood for I think $50. Yes you should be able too
    Its a couple pills and it can make your kinda sick but you can! Just go in ask for Plan B and they will know
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• you can use them up to 48 hours after sex, you can het them at any pharmacy and they cost $52.00 (at rite aid) the price might differ for each pharmacy
    Anonymous

• I think you have a window of 72 hours, could be less, but not more than that. I'm not sure if this is national or individual state, but in Jersey you can go to a pharmacy as long as you are 18 and ask the pharmacist for it. You will need a valid photo ID. As for price, I am going to guess $50....a friend of mine just did this recently to be safe after condom broke, and the price of $50 stand out in my head. If they do not have this available in your state you can call your local family planning and they will tell you to come right in, not sure how much they charge though.
    Anonymous

• I admire your courage to ask this question. I hope no one verbally attacks......unfortunatly not all people understand this type of birth control.
    To anyone who is ready to say something hateful......give her a break she has an important question and should be able to ask it here on Cafemom.......

Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 9:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yes...Plan B is available over the counter. Go to a pharmacy and ask for it. You will have to show ID that proves your at least 18. I wish you well.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• no one should say anything hateful. it wont do a thing to you if ur already pregnant. people are ignorant and dont look up all the facts before they speak. its not the abortion pill.
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 9:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thanks all of you for helping. :)
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, you do YOUR homework before you take ANY form of birth control. Find out what it really does to your body yourself, don't trust random people on cafemom. I researched it, and that's why I choose not to take it. Nobody is going to bash you, but please educate yourself and make the decision for yourself.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 9:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ive researched it and taken it because i was raped the hospital gave it to me it is nothing bad it is just a higher dose of birth control that you take in form of 2 pills in 24 hours all it does is prevent the egg from attaching to the wall i dont understand why people want to try to scare people from it better this then an abortion correct?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009