Crossing guard question: can i get a new one?

the starter went out in the truck again. so for the past two weeks we have to walk the girls to the busstop. there is this one crossing guard that has made them almost miss the bus three days in a row! she sits in her car until we are at the light and are about to cross, then she'll finally get out and tell us to wait for her. she then goes to the trunk of her car to get her stop sign. the whole time the light changes not one but two times! and she did it all last week! i stopped listening to her and we just crossed with the lights like we normally do when we walk. today she didn't even get out of her car!
there are a total of six crossing guards that are around us. and she is the only one who does this! she's only been on this corner since school started and i've heard that four other moms have been having problems with her. i've only been dealing with her for the past two weeks. and i'm not sure if i should ask them to get a new one over here. what do you think?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2012 in

• If you, and several other moms, have an issue with the ways she's doing (or not doing) her job, then yes, I'd go to the district and explain the problem and ask what can be done to resolve it. I wouldn't necessarily start with a demand for a new one or for her to be fired - that could make it look like if you don't get your way, you'll continue to "make trouble" until you do. So, I'd go in and tell them what she's doing and then say something like "I'm concerned about the safety of the kids with the way this guard is doing things. What can we do to resolve this?" If they don't resolve it, or they do something but she doesn't change, then I'd go back and demand a new one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2012

• i wouldn't wait on her, i'd cross with my kids myself but yeah i'd complain about her not doing her job
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2012

• Certainly cross without her assistance, but lodge a complaint as well. She needs to be issued a warning by her boss and I bet it will get straightened out.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2012

• If other parents notice this too and start to complain about her than she will lose this job.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2012

• Yes I would say something. This is a safety issue.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• just found out last night that she has one more time for a parent to complain and she looses her job. even the other crossing guards have filed complaints about her.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 5:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2012