I'm recently divorced with two children. They are being controlled and manipulated by my ex in the sense that they are involved in 'adult' conversations and are very disrespectful and mean towards me. Is there anyone else in this same situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I had a situation, not this type, that occurred. I took my daughter to an attorney so she could tell him what was going on and he wrote a letter to the ex. The attorney made it clear to him that if my daughter felt uncomfortable in any way, she didn't have to visit him. She never stayed with him again after that.
    Anonymous

• I would take him back to court immediately and demand supervised visitation.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The court should be involved if this is happening. Court supervision or intervention with a guardian et litem might be needed. It sounds like he is trying to damage your relationship with your children. What he is doing is immature and not in the kids best interest. Nip it now before any real damage is done. He can lose out if the judge see fit.
    snaprcat1

Answer by snaprcat1 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• What do you mean by adult conversations? Sex? Or are you just not happy that they are hearing how he feels about you? Courts won't do anything. They're just as much his children as they are yours. And if he feels they should not be kept in the dark then so be it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2009