anyone given birth...

in their 36th week? how did your baby do with their breathing and eating? did they have to stay in the nicu or did they go home with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my baby girl at 36w2d.

I did give birth vaginally which helps because the fluid is pushed out unlike in csection where they have to suction it out for them.

We stayed 24 hours and went home. no issues with breathing at all.

Our only issue was weight gain. we had to add formula with my breastfeeding using a little tube that we slipped in her mouth with my nipple, to sneak it in there and avoid nipple confusion since I was breast feeding.

she was 6 lb 15 oz at birth and spent 2 months in preemie diapers and clothes.

absolutely no health issues after the weight thing was fixed which at about 2 weeks, she started gaining weight normally.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My son was 36 weeks, I was induced because of low amneotic fluid. He was perfectly fine. We stayed in the hospital the standard 2 days here. I too had problems breast feeding, not producing enough milk....but don't think that had anything to do with being 36 weeks. Think it was more of a hereditary issue. But he was 7 pounds and in premie diapers for a bit. And now at 6 months he is around 22 pounds. Put your trust in the doctors, they do what they feel is best for mom and baby.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Oh, the only issue we had was with digestion. Which too could just be hereditary. When I dried up and he went on just formula it had to be nutramigen for about 6 weeks. Now he does fine on Enfamil Lipil and is eating a few different baby foods.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I went into premature labor at 35 weeks and was able to hold out until 38 weeks... Only problem with him was transitional breathing... he just had to be monitored in the special care nursery for a day.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009