Laptop Question

What laptop do you have? Price range? I'm looking for one under $600. I only need it for work, which I use Word, so I don't need anything for gaming or things like that. I will be using it for the internet and most likely pictures and music, but that's about it.

Any suggestions? I was looking at Toshiba and Dell. But I'd like to get other opinions. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• I have no opinion as to which of those brands is better, they are both on my list of possibles along with HP.

I did see that Dell is having some great sales right now... so when my tax refund gets here, if the sale is still going on, that will probably be my deciding factor... Price.

but then again I need a computer for graphic work, so that's why the sale is good for me, more memory and stuff for my $
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I both have Dell laptops. I love it. We haven't had any problems with them. Hubby paid $1300 for his and mine was $1000.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 9:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have an HP and I LOVE IT! Mine was a bit higher than your price range, but there are some that would fall within your range & are still great laptops. Check with Best Buy--- they have some really good deals!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We had a gateway. It was $500 new about a year and a half ago(I think). I used to use it for work, but got a new desktop. It is fast, holds TONS of pictures and music and I still have room. I love it. (It's actually for sale if you want it, PM me) It isn't heavy but has held up to being used daily on cafemom for HOURS at a time, lol.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah I saw that Dell has some great deals. However, when I bought my computer the price went from $800 to $1700 because of all the add ons. I have a problem with those! I should just buy it as is, but I end up getting what Dell recommends. Not sure why......
    Anonymous

• I just bought a compaq at Best Buy brand new for $399.99! Its 3gb ram and 320 hard drive. No webcam built into it, but u can buy those cheap enough. Screen is awesome, came with vista, norton 60 day trial and microsoft office trial. Picture is great, screen is 15.6". Really fast and I have loads of music, tv shows and stuff loaded and still 86% left. Good luck shopping! Keep in mind it takes 1gb ram to run vista, so if you'll be doing anything like movies, music, games you should have min 2gb for it to run well enough.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 5:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My DH bought this for christmas and he said it cost. 699.99 and it's HP G60 and I really like it alot.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I just bought a Dell - received it a week ago and LOVE it. I got it for my work too but did get a few add ons so it was around 900. I got a red one!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 1:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009