problem with kids playing show and tell!

my 4 year old son has been playing with an 8 year old boy in the neighborhood and just the other day i found them (playing) with each other. i have already talked to him about your privates are your privates. they have been caught doing it again. i dont let them play without a watchful eye anymore but i need advice on how to handle this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my mom had the same problem with me when i was around that age
    I was naked with a boy "doin adlut time" as we called it lol
    I think its normal but they had to of seen it somewhere
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 9:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• This must be stressful on you. I suppose that this would be one of those situations that has to watched very carefully and with a a certain amout of respect. IMO, if after it happens again while an adult is present then that might acually ease your mind because they are being watched....usually if kids know they are doing something wrong (i would think that the older of the two kid would be the guilty party) they will do it while no one is watching. If it is innocent and just a matter of the childing understanding their own boundaries then it will happen under a watchful eye. Do you get what I am trying to say? . If it becomes a sneaky activity i would be alarmed.
    Obviously, communication with the boys mother is probably a good idea.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 9:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Keep communication open with your son. I think kids in general are curious. I would have a talk with the other child's mother as well.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would be very carefeul........the age diff would bother me. I might ao talk to the ther mom.............
    PrincessRoo

Answer by PrincessRoo at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• fyi not that I think anything BAd is happening.........I just would be uncomfortable.....
    PrincessRoo

Answer by PrincessRoo at 10:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• the situation with that is he lives with his grandma and DCF is involved with them. i have already talked to her about the problem after the first time it happened and it happened again. i know kids go through this phase but i wonder if he is doing other things to my son that he has seen somewhere. maybe the best solution is to not let my son play with him anymore. but i am worried about the other boy and the things that he might be exposed to. does that sound possible?
    Anonymous