• In the Spotlight:

Anything to worry about?

I went to the doctor today (I am 37 weeks along) and I had the strep test done today and he also checked my cervix to see if I am dilating. I am 1 cm dialated. A few hours later when I was using the bathroom I had this pinkish mucus stuff on the toilet paper. I am just assuming its from the step test and checking my cervix that caused a little bleeding but I dont know. What do you guys think?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 9:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i think that is fine with my 1st son when they did that and i stood up u know to put my clothes back on blood went everywhere they said that was normal it stopped after like 5 min so i think it is fine
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• that's normal. since you're 1 cm dilated, that's just your mucus plug coming out. it comes out as you dilate.

don't stress! it does not mean you are having a baby tonight or even this week :) the mucus plug can regrow :)
    Anonymous

• i think mucus plug but thats just me ..sorry if i'm wrong
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had started loosing a bit of my plug (or at least thats what I think it is) the past couple of days but it was not pink. I am thinking its just from the test and cervix check is the reason it was pink. I sometimes have a little blood after regular yearly exams. thanks everyone.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009