ok i need some advice- this is new to me-

my 3 1/2 yr old came home from pre-school today complaining of a stomach ache and looking weak- his father said that the teacher told him that he wouldnt eat anything all day and all he wanted to do was sleep- which if u knew my son u would know that was def not like him- so i gave him fluids and let him relax- i just took him out of the shower a little while ago and as i was drying him i realized that he had a rash of teeny tiny bumps on his stomach, back and neck- also his face is really flushed- now i know ur not docs but my docs office is closed on wednesdays and i dont want to make an un-necessary trip to the er- so if this has happened to ur kids or if u have some insight please let me know- ive never had to deal with this with any of my sons- oh and just to let u know further details- no its not his laundry detergent- not the soap i use and im not sure if its a food allergy or not- any ideas?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure what it could be. Have you tried using a type of lotion like Benedryl on his skin to see if the rash would calm down some?
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Maybe chicken pox?? Maybe a food allergy? Has he had anything out of the usual in the last 24hrs? Even so, some kids will all of a sudden not do well with certain foods...Id try to get him to eat some toast or something. Some kids just dont want to eat when they dont feel well. Is he running a fever? Id get fluids in him and keep a close eye on him. If I doesnt get better or does get worse, Id take him in.
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 10:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hmm look up some local walk-in clinics. They are open every day of the week I believe.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The large change in behavior is the biggest alarm bell for me. Fevers and rashes can tell us a child is sick but the behavior of the child tells us HOW sick.
    I'd take him in to a clinic.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The symptoms sound like fifths disease.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 5:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• chicken pox, strep any redi clinic or urgent care clinic arouind you should be able to help
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yeah i called the doc and he said that being that hes not vomiting and he doesnt have a fever he should be fine- but he told me to bring him in tomorrow am so he can check the rash and see what type of allergic reaction it might be- thanks all for ur help!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009