Do you regret having an out-of-hospital birth?

I would be interested to hear stories from women who choose a home or birth center birth, who wish they would have birthed in the hospital.

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry, not me! I LOVED haing my kids at home! I'd like to heard these stories as well but I don't think there will be many.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have read one story! Just one.

Why do you want to know though? While I am sure there are some, not near as many as women who regret delivering in a hospital lol.

If this question is still open, I can answer it in may. We will be having a home birth. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i hate to break it to you. . . but you're not gonna find many people who regret trying a home birth. two of my sis-in-laws started with a midwife at home and went to the hospital because of non-emergency complications. one has discovered she's got a pelvic issue that causes her to always have c-sections and the other one did another home birth and it went great!
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 10:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I know I'm not :) Thats my point! I have met MANY women who regret their hospital birth, but none that regret their home birth. I am sure there are a few out there, but they are definately the exception!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2009