Do you feel you breastfed your child for too long?

Do you regret nursing your child as long as you did? This question is mainly for moms who nursed past a year.

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I nursed my babies for 14 months, and I wish I had nursed them longer!!! If I had it to do over again I would try for at least 2 yrs.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Absolutely not.
    No.
    Never.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• going on 22 months. I don't regret it at all. the ONLY hard part is nursing through a pregnancy and figuring out how to make tandom nursing work.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My daughter self weaned at 21 months. I loved it! It was awesome! I will nurse this baby around as long too. Don't get me wrong, some times it was hard but all in all it was amazing and she is super healthy to prove it was best!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Absolutely not. I nursed for 18 months. the only reason i stopped was because I had a horrific miscarriage and was pumped full of drugs because of it. So I had to go cold turkey (which hurt so badly). Had I not had a miscarriage, I would have definitely nursed until my LO was at least 2.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Nope. Been breastfeeding continuously almost 5 years now. My youngest two are both nursing, and my oldest nursed until he self-weaned two weeks before he turned 3.
    jeremysmom04

Answer by jeremysmom04 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Honestly... sometimes. LOL My little one is 17 months now, and a BOOB FIEND. He nurses like a newborn still. Every 20 minutes sometimes, if I'm around him. It's still his main source of food. And while it's hard, I KNOW that it's good for him... so I try not to mind. :)
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Nope. My son is 18 mos and nurses on demand. I wouldn't have it any other way. My daughter stopped between 13 and 14 mos, when I became pregnant.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I only wish I'd breastfed my oldest longer. I went to about 20 months with my youngest and I was glad to give his body a good start in life.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Nope, he'll be 2 this month and there are no signs of stopping. I don't regret it one bit and hope he keeps nursing until he's ready to stop.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009