Why cant I get excited?

to have my baby? I am 37.5 weeks and my doc thinks I should induce 23rd (I am due the 28th) because she said sometimes having a date set that it will all be over will help me. My husband doesnt understand and I cant explain it to him because I dont understand why either. I just know how I feel. Should I take my doc. advice? or should I do as I initially planned and just wait for my baby to come on his/her own? Do you think it will help? With my DD I was sooo excited to have her so I am not used to this feeling. I had really bad post partum with her though. Any thoughts?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I kind of had a hard time getting excited this time too. I was worried about taking attention away from my daughter and, to be honest, the baby phase is not my favorite with the not sleeping and all. The second I had her, it was completely different. I was in love immediately and very excited about having my two girls. I hope you get that feeling too...I'm sure you've got to feel guilty about it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• does your dr know you had post partum? that was one question mine asked .. it could just be that coming on ... i didnt get excited at all with my first really until i saw him then i lost it and i was so happy and god just overflowing with emotions ... id talk to my dr .. they should know when thinks arent right weither it be with the pregnancy or with you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If you had post partum with your daughter then you are probably subconcsiously or conciously worried that you are going to go through that again, which could definitly make you not so excited about the end of your pregnancy. I go back and forth about being excited, i'm 35 weeks and some days i can't wait....others i really wish i had longer. make sure your doc is keeping a close eye out for post partum again. you have to do what feels right to you. Would it make you feel better to KNOW when she is coming? Would you be able to start planning and therefore get excited? Or do you want to have as long as you can before you have to be mommy to 2? Don't worry about people's opinions on induction...think about what is going to make you happiest and the best prepared for your little one. Good luck, either way.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• She know I had severe post partum and she is certain I will have it again. I go in Thursday for an OB appt with her. I just feel I should be excited for my own flesh and blood to be arriving soon.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I dont know if it will help me get excited. I actually would have 3 lol. I also have a step son. And I dont care what others think of it. I am not for it or against it I just think since I went into labor on my own on time with my first I have a good chance of that again. I am worried about post-partum.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Very guilty. Its a sinking awful feeling :'-(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009