Normal to freak out after getting vaccinations????

My 3 1/2 mo old got her first shots today, and this evening she started screaming like she was in major pain. I was able to calm her down after a little while, and she fell asleep, but she started up again. Then when she ate her bedtime bottle, she spit up a lot ( i think just cuz she got herself so worked up ), and she's finally asleep (hopefully for the night). I just want to make sure this is normal. I heard they can get cranky for a couple days after getting their shots.

KeikoRose

Asked by KeikoRose at 10:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont think it is normal for a 3 1/2 month old to scream in major pain suddenly or to throw up a lot like that

but others will say it is normal to get react like this vax and as it may be TYPICAL after shots, its definitely not normal for a young child to react the way they do tto shots.....
    Anonymous

• from my understanding, it's not abnormal, but it wouldn't hurt to call the pediatrician. he might recommend some infant tylenol.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my son was sensitive after the shots. he had a similar reaction. If it gets worse I would probably call the Dr
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 10:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thank you. She's sleeping soundly now (like i said, hopefully for the night). If she's starts screaming again tomorrow i'll probably call the doc. It just hurts to hear her scream like that =/
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Was it a high pitched scream? If so, that is a vaccine reaction and should be reported.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yes... its now almost 3 days later, and she seems OK now - no more screaming. Just wonder why the doc didnt tell me anything to look out for... =/ would have been nice. Buttface
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009