No results with working out! HELP!

I have been working out for a month now! I go to the gym 5 days a week and do at least 30 min. of cardio and the weight machines plus some ab, thighs, etc. classes. I haven't really been watching what i am eating but have been drinking water! I would like to at least lose 1 pound or start to see a difference (toning, etc). It makes me want to quit working out! Any suggestions? i want to keep it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you really need to watch what you eat sweetie.

also, you can try green tea, it's a natural metabolism booster as is vitamin B-complex.

The one a day weight smart vitamins are a great way to get both those things + your daily dose of all the other vitamins you need.

Anonymous

• Eating is a big factor in this...Change your eating habits too.
    Anonymous

• Are you eating breakfast? That will probably help.
    Try eating smaller portions, even if you don't want to "watch what you eat." That helped me.
    Anonymous

• Try lecithin (supplements). It helps your body burn fat...it's not a "drug," it's natural..
    Anonymous

• are you losing inches? I would go by your measurements not the scale. I can be 145 and a size 10 or a size 8. Remember muscle weighs more then fat.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• you have to watch what you are eating... Low fat foods and watch your calorie intake you have to burn more calories then you are taking in a day.. That's what I do... Hope this helped

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Check out my profile. All of the ingredients that the other ladies listed are there on my page....
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You have to watch what you eat not only to cut the calories but to also include calories burned some may not agree but it is true. When we cut calories we are already below what our bodies need to survive and when you cut that more by burning off so much a week without replacing it then your body is not goin to want to burn, it is goin to want to store to save what it has kinda like starvation mode. I am a member of myfitnesspal.com and they help me set my goals and add in the exercise that I imput. So far it has been working for me, ave. of 2 lbs a week. You should check it out. They also have the food journal so it helps me count everything that I eat.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You know watching what you eat is way more important when it comes to weight loss than working out. They work together to give you a total loss, but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to pop 200-500 calories into you and not even realize it. I'm back on what has worked for me IF I STICK TO IT. That is watching my calories. I lost 4lbs in one day and I'm eating better even had pizza too but i am staying under a certain amount of calories. It really will work I joined this website too that helps me keep track of my calories for the day.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The average woman can use a calorie count of 1500 a day and lose nicely. Working out is great, but sometimes, working out alone can make you feel hungry, esp. if you become dehydrated. Drinking the water is perfect. Be sure and eat breakfast. I break down my calories like this: 300 for breakfast (boiled egg, 1/2 ban., 1 apple or 1 bowl of low sugar instant oatmeal, cup of warm water and glass of cold water, 6 almonds.) This gives me a perfect meal to keep me full, loads of protein to build muscle and enough protein that carries the carbs (from the oatmeal). Then I eat a 300-400 cal lunch (one of the good lean cuisine meals and some raw veggies with reg. dip, no diet stuff for me.) Then that leaves me one afternoon snack (100 cal), and then a 700 cal. dinner (just good old protein like skinless chic. breast, 2 veg. without butter, but seasoned well.) and then one more snack or lite dessert. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009