Hypothesis: the week offline has made answers even slower than it was before

Are we missing a lot of people who haven't come back, or is it most people are back, just not very talkative?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Could be that some haven't realized we are back up and running yet. Could be that they found other ways to occupy their time while it was down. Could be they don't have power restored or are otherwise busy. As for the ones not asking questions, I guess it will take a while to get back in the swing of things. I think Sandy made us realize that our problems are small in comparison.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I think people don't realize it's back & have gotten busy IRL. It is slow, but I'm happy to have my answers back!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• i was working most of last week, so i didn't 'miss' CM being gone. with the holidays approaching, i'll be working a lot, so i suspect my presence will be scarce (much to the delight of a few). its a win-win.
    however, i think given the last month, a lot of people are just not 'talking', also.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Probably a lot are not aware that cm is back up, but yes, it gets slower and slower and slower, this is why I spend my time on Crazy for Credits talking to the ladies there...

Answer by older at 8:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I got into the habit of not checking CM by the end of the week last week. It was a fluke and sheer boredom from filling out online job applications that lead me to check in here on Sunday night. Could be that others realized that they can live without CM too. Honestly, for me, being here is more of a habit than anything else.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I don't know how many members we have in the NE that are dealing with bigger things as well as people that just found a different habit. With the election coming up I have been cruising other sites that are more politically geared so as to avoid having ugly conversations here. I like a lot of the ladies here and would hate for the political thing to sour the mood. I'm fine with not agreeing with others about things, but some people are more sensitive about that stuff. I think the anon drama right before the power went out didn't help much. I think people will find their way back in time. It's hard to quit us.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I think some may still not have internet access after the storm. But, then there are others, like me, who have been completely disgusted by some of the events/actions of others that happened prior to CM going down. And, well events that took place yesterday as well. So, we're treading lightly. Honestly, the forced break was good for me. I was very upset when CM went down.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• What happened yesterday? Jeez! Even when it's slow I miss the action.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• My guess is that there are some who havn't discovered it's back yet, and some who without it- found other things to do instead and lost interest...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I'm trying to get my life back to some sort of normal. I'm on and off so long questions that take time to think and answer I skip lol I'll e back in a week or so. I missed all the drama as usual lol so I'm lost.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2012