Tell about a Christmas tradition that you enjoy or have enjoyed in the past.

Christmas can be replaced by the winter holiday of your choice.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2012 in Holidays

• Probably more than anything in life I miss Christmas Eve parties after church at my Grandparent's house. Back when my great-grandparents were alive they'd come up with other family members and aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. would gather after church service with all the mini appetizers and Christmas cookies you could eat and the adults would sit around the table laughing for hours while we' (as kids) would run around the house in our Christmas pajamas. My grandparents always went all out with decorations, had a huge tree, tons of lights outside, and when it snowed it was even more special. I'd give almost anything to go back to one of those nights just one last time.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Leaving cookies for Santa... the decorating tree... Hanging stalkings... those are my 3 favs I think...  

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Doing my aunt's annual ornament exchange. You buy an ornament, wrap it up, and place it under her Christmas tree. The "party virgin" goes first and picks a package to unwrap.Then whoever bought that ornament chooses the next package and so on. I love the food, and well, drinks are plentiful LOL. I look forward to it every year.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Leaving cookies and milk and going to grandma & grandpa's for dinner.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• My main thing is that presents are/were never put under the tree until late Christmas Eve. So, it really looks like Santa came. This actually originated though because my grandma's b-day is Dec. 24th. So, we always tried to celebrate her birthday separate from Christmas. So, no Christmas Eve Dinner (instead Grandma's B-day dinner), no opening presents early (just my grandma opening hers).

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• we always had fun decorating the house/tree for the holidays. some ornaments were bought, some were homemade. and we never waited til Christmas to open gifts. it always started a week or so before. lol. needless to say, we didn't 'believe' in Santa, although we celebrated him. he is part of the story, afterall.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I always make the sugar cookies. And i'm the best at it.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Well my family tradition. On Christmas is to open presents then get really drunk. Now that I have young kids I wouldn't say that's the best way to do it anymore. I like stockings
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• We do a secret Santa on my side, the adults and the kids have there own.. it is always so fun.. and in my house baking cookies with my son for Santa...
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• We started an elf on the self last year and that was a blast. I can't wait to start this year!
    Also the kids opening brand new PJ on Christmas eve to wear to bed so they will have new ones for Christmas morning pictures.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2012