Can a cell phone survive the washing machine??

Ok it's in the 'Just for fun' section but I ain't enjoying this crap. I have a Motorola Razr and idiot me left it in the back pocket of my jeans, which I then tossed in the washing machine. Went through all cycles too. It looks ok, really clean and all, but will it work tommorow when I put the battery back??
(Yes I took the battery off asap and I'm letting the guts dry.)

Kimeley

Asked by Kimeley at 10:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• omg are you making fun of me that just happened to me over the weekend lol no it is not funny
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i would say try it..... i wouldnt think so tho...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Idk, mine survived the toilet...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• blow dry it! this happend to me! i use the blow dryer!
    Anonymous

• So they can survive?? Would I be better letting it air dry or using the dryer?? I hate to fry it on top of electrocution. My poor baby, she's been so loyal, I hate for her to die like this...
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 10:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think I let mine air dry when it fell in the toilet (don't ask), but it was over a year ago and I can't remember...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had a little silver nokia phone, and I left it in my pocket too, my husband took it apart, let it dry out, then put it back togeter the next day and it worked. So I think it can.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• if it gets dried out really well my husband has actually had our cell phone go through the car wash while sitting on the hood of the car. when it got dried out all of the way then it worked again.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I did this......and my phone died.....:(

I had laid it on the bed and then decided oh I guess ill wash the sheets today....DUH i didnt shake them out before putting them in there...HOW DUMB of me
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• mine survived to toilet.. the number one rule is take out the battery and let it dry completely which u did already I'd say it should be ok...Good luck let us know how it goes
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009