Anybody deliever with IV meds? No epi

What was the experience like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not myself, but have attended others, they were awfully groggy-drowsy-slept a lot. Rather than alleviating the pain, they just made it so mom was too tired to care.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had a nurse force them on me during my first delivery while waiting for my emergency C. Frankly I'm not entirely sure how much was the drugs and how much was blood-loss, but like pp said extremely sleepy, I had no idea where I was or what was going on. I do know I was still in an insane amount of pain I just can't really remember it, or anything else, clearly for that matter. I don't recommend it, plus IV meds do transfer to the baby.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Epidural meds will pass to the baby, too, just to let you know. If you're hoping to avoid that then know that there are many options out there. Choosing interventions are adding risk to the labor, there are alternatives of course! ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009