Acceptable salaries and what it would involve for you?

Okay, this is just for fun... let's say you find a full time job that you think you would really love... would you take it even if it pays considerably lower than say something full time that you totally hate?

Is money the main factor when you look at a job?

Asked by m-avi at 4:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2012 in Money & Work

• Yes because I have to break more than even after gas and childcare. Otherwise it's just not worth it,

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Yes, I am supplementing my husband's salary, I can afford to make less for what I want to do

Answer by adnilm at 4:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I actually did just that. I had a job that I hated. The boss was a royal witch w/ a capital "B" & the hours were not conducive for our family. Even though I'm making a little less, I love what I do & have the time needed to be a better mom. You cannot put a price on your happiness or your sanity.   GL on the job search!  :)

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Unfortunately I have to make a certain level or we can't make it. I'm the main bread winner in our family as dh is unable to find stable work. When he does work he makes darn good money but without my steady income we couldn't make it.

Answer by baconbits at 4:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Money is not the MAIN factor but it simply has to be a big factor. Even if I LOVED a job I couldn't do it for long with a salary I could not survive on, without at least promise of more in the future. I don't know that I'd settle for a job I HATED just because it payed well but I suppose if it was my only option I wouldn't have a choice.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Money is just one of the main factors for me. I've turned down better paying jobs because of long commute times, and I've looked elsewhere when I was miserable at my job. Happiness is a bigger goal for me than wealth, but not exclusive.

If I were fully supporting the family, the money would take a bigger priority.

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• no, money for me is not the object. But my income is secondary.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Yes usually money is a factor and hours.

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• No. I will not take less than what I deserve

Answer by booklover545 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2012