Prenatal Heart Moniters(Listeners) what ever they are called...lol

Okay so...I asked this in someone elses question but I figured I should probably ask again....The prenatal heart listeners...How far along do you have to be to hear something? I would really love to get one...I'm only 11 weeks...I'm guessing that's probably too early? Gosh...lol I feel like such an amature....it's been 7 years since I have been pregnant... :) Feels like the first all over again. Oh yeah I'm talking about the ones from Target or WalMart.

Carli26

Asked by Carli26 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The 20 to 25 dollar heart listeners that you buy are walmart usually dont work that well. You have to be pretty far along, I believe into your third trimester before it will pick anything up. Even then it can prove to be difficult to get a good listen. You can purchase fetal dopplers off of ebay for fifty to one hundred dollars that work great. They can detect a heartbeat very early in your pregnancy. After youre done with it, you could resell it?
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 12:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I got one, couldn't hear anything with it the whole pregnancy. Most of the people I have talked to that have gotten one couldn't hear anything with it.
    Anonymous

• those you have to be pretty far along they arent like the ones your dr uses i think most women have better luck around 20 - 25 weeks depending on their body size but ive also heard that some women cant get them to work that they are 35 weeks and still hear nothing i presonally wont waste my money on it ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009