how long did it take you to get pregnant again

me and my boyfreind have been trying for another baby but im still not pregnant and my son is almost 5 months now but i also have cervical cancer could that be a cause of not being pregnant or does it take longer for some people to get pregnant

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it all depends on the person. It took me 3 months my first pregnancy. Miscarried and took about another 3 months. I had that baby and after she turned a year old we started trying again. It took us 13 months and I found out I was suffering from secondary infertility. I was about to start fertility treatments but I got pregnant after I had a HSG scan done on my tubes. This last time I got off the pill in the summer but still didn't get pregnant until I took 4 rounds of clomid. Not sure how many months and all it took. I forget.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• After the birth of my first dd it took us 3.5 years of trying to get pregnant. I had secondary infertility. I had gave up entirely when we got pregnant with our second dd. For some it can be rather quickly, but for some it can also take a while. You might want to consult a doctor after a year of diligent trying without success, thats usually the rule of thumb. Lots of luck with ttc.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 12:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well March 31st it will be 4 long hard years of TTC and still nothing yet.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009