Seven month old screaming when laid down.

Ever since he's been able to hold a bottle I've laid him down with one and said goodnight and he's fallen asleep on his own. The last three nights he'll sleep a few minutes and start screaming and refusing his bottle. I end up having to pick him up and he falls back to sleep in my arms. He'll be sound asleep and the second I lay him back down he's screaming again. Mama needs sleep too. What can I do?

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 11:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has anything changed? Getting sick?

Don't know what to tell you- sometimes kids stray from routine- did you change the detergent on the bed? is it cold? maybe a heat pad on the crib then REMOVE the heat pad and lay him on the warm spot?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Ear infections! I bet you money. My doc said laying them down with a bottle gives them ear infections. I learned that.
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• Get his ears checked. And talk to the doc about laying down with a bottle... it's actually not recommended because of risk of ear infection and tooth decay.

Speaking of which... he could have teeth coming in too. Sleep? Didn't you see that part of the Mommy Contract? Sleep and sanity, signed away forever. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2012

• You should not do this. Google it. You child probably had an ear infection. But the best bet is to take him to the DR.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2012

• i agree w/ the above comments although i will add that if his doc clears him he prob just spoiled if that's the case just lay him down when if he wakes go in give him a baba tell 'em u love him start his music. and walk out as long as hes got what he needs let him cry n HE WILL fall asleep...after doc cleared my son thats what i did n it worked n he never did it again no problems after that:-) hope hes alright good luck!!!

tick2012

Answer by tick2012 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2012