Blood Pressure? Help

I just checked my bp and its 135/80
Is this too high?? I've got a headache and my chest hurts. I hope its just anxiety. The problem is I just took a bp pill a half of one.
Im 29weeks pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is high but that might because of your headace too when your in pain your bp goes up
    Anonymous

• It's high, but it's not high enough to make yourself more anxious over. Just sit back, relax, drink some water, and stay away from salt. If all else fails, go to sleep :) Good luck.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• That is borderline hypertension. Its not quite high enough to consider you to have hypertension. Usually high blood pressure is silent and doesnt cause very many symptoms. Many people walk around with high blood pressure everyday and dont know it. You should definitely have your doctor check it and keep an eye on it. Reduce your salt intake. Also keep in consideration that your bp fluctuates easily. If you had climbed some stairs, or if you had been in an arguement right before you took the reading, it might not be accurate. Good luck with everything, Im sure youre fine.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2009