For the smokers on here.. what made you decide to start smoking?

NO BASHING!!
This is a serious question. Why I ask.. 3/4 of the people I work with smokes. I go out while they smoke with them and just talk. My hubby told me not to do that because thats how people start smoking. So i'm just wondering what made you start?

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• stupid teenage peer pressure. thats kids for ya huh? thats why i quit wearing underwear too lmao
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Being around people that smoked lol. I quit smoking a couple weeks ago though.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• No, it's only kool in middle school and the 'big baby chickens' wait until high school to start! LOL Honestly I started in middle school because some of my friends were doing it- how stereotypical lame is that? As an adult I think you are more aware of the consequences and cigarettes are way to expensive to start now! At least in NY they are.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was I think 12 when I started. I didn't know what I was doing but I've always had older friends and they showed me the "right" way and thats how I got hooked. I still to this day that I had never started.
    TheCrystalRose

Answer by TheCrystalRose at 11:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was being a smart ass to my sons dad, haha. he didnt want me to start, he already smoked, so one day we got in a fight and i was like fine.. im smoking a cigarette. haha. and now, its the only thing that keeps my nerves at bay.. i have wayyy bad anxiety and it chills me. its my time to just stop thinking.
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was a stupid teenager who was trying to act cool (I was 14).
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• when i met my husband . he smoked. i didnt really like it but the more i hung out with him and ya know started dating. i started up. i know so stupid. i quit while prego. and then i started up again. bc omg the stress i have gone thru. its the only thing that keeps me calm. i DO want to quit again. sad thing is. i almost told myself i was prego again just to quit. haha but that didnt last bc i knew it wasnt true
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I started when I was 15 to "be cool". It was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. I didnt smoke while i was preggp bit O went back 2 smoking when my DD was bout 6 months. I work in a bar so its really hard 2 quit. I only smoke bout 3 a day But im gonna try 2 quit again this summer. keep your fingers crossed 4 me
    Martina79

Answer by Martina79 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• YES! I got jodi on the NO UNDERWEAR bandwagon! FINALLY I had an influence over someone! My reason for starting smoking was drum roll please...... I was eighteen and I could. I quit three years ago though.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Peer pressure, trying to be "cool" lol...Really, I have a legitimate excuse..I was already addicted to cigarettes by age 13..and have not went one day without them since then...I was young, I didn't know the seriousness of them, I didn't know you could just get addicted like that...My mom smoked..Easy access. She was my provider..Well, actually I stole them but sometimes I think if she wouldn't have been a smoker I would have never found myself scavenging the house for cigarettes and since they were available, it was very easy and before I even knew it, literally..I was addicted..I was addicted before it even registered that I was. I was getting those cravings like crazy, The "need" for them etc..I started doing it as a social thing..but I'd go home and smoke to "practice" so I could do it in front of friends without coughing..continued.
    Anonymous