Will shrimp get bad?

I just ate some shrimp and no one wanted to eat some with me so I have a lot left. Will it be safe to put it back in the fridge and save it for dinner tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes if you refrigerate them they will be alright. Just put them in a rubbermaid container or something air tight.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• A lot of time we put the shrimp in the fridge and eat it within 24 hours.
    Anonymous

• Thanks. I wrapped it up in tons of saran wrap and I will make something with it tomorrow. I don't know why I felt as if it will get bad quickly, so thanks for the answers.
    Anonymous

• You should be fine if it was held properly and refrigerated properly. Do eat it tomorrow tho. You have three days with seafood from thaw. I don't know if this was frozen or fresh, or the origins. If it is from a restaurant you should eat it no later than the next day.

If it has a strong peppery (or burning or ammonia like) taste that it didn't have before, don't eat it. That signifies Shigella, a food borne illness prone to seafood.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I would keep it in the fridge and no longer than 48 hours. It goes bad pretty fast.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009