How do you think the world around you will change during your lifetime? Think about transportation, communication, housing as well as anything else you want to describe.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2012 in Just for Fun

• i dont see anything really changing drastically.. maybe phones and computers will become even more sleek looking or something by the time im 80.. dont think cars will be hovering/flying in my lifetime though.. i do hope for more cures for diseases prior to my passing.. cure for cancer would be nice to be around for.. and cystic fibrosis since its a disease close to my heart.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• I am 51 years old. Things have changed already. Sense I married my DH 23 years ago. We did not have cell phones , computers, microwaves just came out, I think. We didn't have one. These fancy cars that have keyless enteries. And gas prices were around a $1 I think.

Answer by louise2 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• Well, if it is going to be anything like the past 50 years, it is gonna be one hellava ride!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• honestly i dont think it will change much except for phones and technology maybe in my kids' lives it will though
    trishaleigh1313

Answer by trishaleigh1313 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• I am with you tasches. Our house was the first to get central air conditioning and a color TV. The first because of my father's health. When I got married the farm had just had an indoor bathroom for 3 years. there weren't even calculators other than a paper and pencil.
    Typewriters were the way of business correspondence and calls were put through switchboards. Social networking was stopping in at the burger shack and hanging with your friends or passing notes in school. We can go on and on. I see a trend toward smart houses but also a trend toward a more natural connection with food. I think the future will be dvided on those lines, the super technical and the super simple back to basics cultures and the groups blending the two.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• Welcome to CafeMom
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I think technology will mostly change as I see my grandchildren using computers in school at the age of five .
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2012