anyone else?

anyone else feel that after having a baby everything gets put on hold with you and your so?...my dd is 8 mos old and has started to not fall asleep and cry when you leave the room when she's half way asleep...puting a kink into anything.....i swear she'll be an only child..c-i-o doesnt work/help...and im frustrated bc hubby and i cant get anywhere, and im a sahm so im dealing with this kind of stuff with my dd all day, and dont get a break...what am i supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• EVERY mom feels this way!

The answer? Hand baby to dad and go for a drive. They'll survive.

No guarantees that your home will, however!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• let her cry it out, cry herself to sleep, it won't kill her and after a few nights she'll get the hang of it and realize she really has no choice. N you and ur hubs can spend time together as well.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 11:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• try to get grandma and grandpa to take her for a day. you deserve a break once in a while. even ur best friend or sibling. you need to try to take atleast one night a week out with ur husband or the girls.
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 11:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Do NOT let her CIO just so you can have sex!! Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds??!
    And no, you daughter may not die, but she may suffer from brain damage, or any other myriad of troubles..
    Truly, is it really SO bad??
    I only see my DH one week a month. The kids don't go to bed until 11pm.. So that means we're often up until 1 or 2am making love..
    Is it ideal? No, probably not. But we do what we have to do to make sure our children are WELL taken care of.. There is no greater pride we feel for ourselves or for each other than actually doing what is BEST for our offspring, who are, afterall, the fruit of our intimate encounters..
    When you work together with the children you both have more energy left over later for each other..
    That first year is by far the hardest, but once you learn that your relationship still exists even when baby is awake, you'll learn to keep each other going all day.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Your relationship with your husband needs to be a top priority because you're laying a foundation for what your children think is normal/healthy in a spousal relationship.
    My son is 8months as well and I'm a sahm, so I know how you're feeling! What time does your little one go to bed? We put our son down at 7:30, but sometimes he's not down until 8 or 8:30. He cries when we leave the room as well and it breaks my heart.
    Switch off with your husband putting him down. My husband and I switch off because there are some nights when I don't have the energy. We go in about every 5 minutes to let our ds know that we're still here, and a lot of times are able to soothe him by rubbing his back,.
    After you little one goes down, make sure that you're making time for the two of you. Take a shower or bath together, read the comics together, watch a movie, whatever you two enjoy. It's important to stay connected
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• ok, liyoness...we DO NOT let her cry it out just so we can have sex!!!! I DO NOT let her cry it out...read the f*cking post again, since you obviously didn't catch that. It's a general question....again I'm a sahm, so the emotional ups and downs with my child wear me down..so when hubby isnt getting home until 7 at night and i just wanna be held, or go soak in a bath, or SPEND TIME WITH HUBBY
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• OTHER THAN INTAMITELY, excuse me, but i think i deserve the right. No, it DOES NOT sound ridiculus, bc its not!!! You have your opinions and i have mine, so dont even tell me im being ridiculous about this. My child IS being well taken care of, and we ARE DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HER!!!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009