Any Suggestions?

Been TTC for 11months. My periods aren't exactly what you would call regular but they do come every month just not always the same ammount of time between. I havn't been to the doctor because i don't want to find out anything bad so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me to concieve baby # 1.

bookette

Asked by bookette at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• "because i don't want to find out anything bad"

It's better to go to the dr and find out if something is wrong. You don't want to get pregnant and miscarry because something is wrong. Believe me, it's better to find out sooner than later if something is wrong.
    Anonymous

• My one girlfriends husband won't go to the doctor because he is afraid to see if something is wrong with him. But wouldn't you want to know before things go on too long, that way if there is something they can do to help it can be done. If I were you, I would have sex lots and lots and lots during the 2 weeks you think you are possibly ovulating. If you smoke or drink or do any kind of recreational drugs or prescription drugs, or if hubby does, I would stop it all. Get healthy so your body can be healthy too for reproduction!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Go to the bookstore, get a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler and learn to track your cycles. It's not unusual or bad to have cycles of varying length...many women do.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I would talk to the doctor since it has almost been a year. It could be a simple fix. I also love the book "Taking Charge of your fertility:" So I second that on getting that book.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Get an ovulation test at the store
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book, and www.fertilityfriend.com is a great (free) website. Charting is the best way to know if/when you ovulate, especially having irregular cycles.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2009