What would you do??

I work dealing with health insurance. I came upon a situation yesterday and I'm still a little alarmed.

Well, yesterday I had a client call about a notice they received from a collections agency. I had to call the agency because the hospital never billed us. So I called the agency, and while I was speaking to the agent she interrupted to tell me .... I have an account there and if we can discuss it ! Or if I can give her a time and phone # to call me.

I know it's about a hospital bill for my daughter that I have been disputing.

I kept telling her this is not an appropriate time ! She insisted we discuss it.
I got so hot! Because we are regulated by the gov, calls are recordered and phones are never to be used for personal reasons!

I really want to call them to file a complaint, but wondering can they do this?

I'm conducting a business call and they would rather discuss my account?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2012 in Money & Work

• I would file a complaint... how did she get your info pulled up? Those people are sick I tell you.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• They are! She said my companies # pulled up my info! I don't know how!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• I'd file a complaint. Those people are unethical and rude. No compassion or empathy.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 3:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• Wow, that seems unprofessional of her. Odd, in fact. I'd complain too...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• Explain to the lady I cannot use work time for personal time. If she won't let you talk about your client, then ask if there is someone else to talk to. Hopefully, if you call back someone else will answer.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 4:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2012

• File a complaint. Those people are very rude and most are extremely unethical. It is likely they are paid for every contact they make or something along those lines. They'll do anything to get to you. You were calling for business reasons, and personal discussions should never, ever be forced upon you. The good thing is that if your call was recorded on your, you have evidence against them....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• If you told her these lines cannot be used for personal calls and she persisted I would file a complaint.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2012