If You Are Christian...

Lets say that you learned about another religion and were more drawn to that religion then your own Christian ways, would you convert? Would you be scared? What would stop you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have changed religions before. If you have a religious family like mine, it is not a easy thing to do, but I believe in doing what I feel is right. Just have to have faith in what you decide on.
    Anonymous

• Nothing would stop me. I am my own free person, I am free to be and do what I want to do. I have been Catholic, Baptist, and am married to a Muslim. I love to learn all I can about new religions and would gladly welcome change. After all, when it comes down to it, we are all the same.
    Anonymous

• For me by the time im convinced that the new religion is better i would convert, because i would no longer believe the same things. It will take myself to convince me, so no i would not be scared.

Now, if im second guessing myself and have questions about my own religion and/or the new one i would consider asking others in that field for clarification. (sometimes neutral parties are pref. like college prof that teach about religion, etc.)
    Anonymous

• I would not....theres no way something else other than christianity could draw me away from god. Im not a perfect christian, but in this religion I at least know that God is always on my side......IF for some reason I did change though I would be very scard....scared that God is sending me to a place filled with fire to burn for eternity.....GOD BLESS
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can learn a lot from other religions and I have gone to other churches. But I could never convert. I was Baptized a Catholic and will die as one.
    Some people think the grass is greener in another religion. Sometime we just get bored of the same old thing.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was a Christian and I did convert. No I was not afraid. The only thing that frightened me were the jerks in my little town that believed Christianity was the only way. But I have always felt a pull towards my path I just never knew that what I was feeling had a name. The only thing that kept me in Christianity for so long was fear. I got sick of it and followed what calmed my fears. Some call it evil, some call it witchery, I call it Pagan. I call it peaceful, I call it home.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• well, i was Christian, and later found Wicca.. which taught me some very valuable things. Later I slowly realized the reason I didn't vibe well with either religion itself was because I didn't believe in a "higher power".. however i do value what each can teach as far as morals, and self fulfillment. So yes you can convert. If you would like to chat more you can PM me and I would be more than happy to talk to you about why I converted, and how it effected me and my life.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• pnwmom, You could have been writing my story above, it's so close to what I would write, I don't have to post my answer!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you are a true Believer, you won't be drawn to a religion.

If you are drawn, you didn't believe in the first place.

Once you've been truly loved, you're no longer looking ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was born & raised Catholic, 12 years of Catholic school. In high school a few of us investigated Mormonism and while I was in Navy boot camp I was baptised LDS. I really thought That I had found what I was looking for but due to quite a few reasons I don't want to go into I left after a few years, One day I happened to accept an invitation to visit the church a friend had invited me to and after attending Calvary Assembly of God in Ridgecrest, CA for about a year, I accepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior June 6th 1991.
    I am a Christian. I go to fellowship with other Christans and praise & worship my Savior at churches of various denominations but as long as there is breath in my body I will always be a Christian.
    Those of you who are other relgions I pray you are as happy with your decision as I am with mine.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009