DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ZOOM? ( THE ORIGINAL ONE ) OR......... THE ELECTRIC COMPANY

Someone posted about the old Seasame Street. So I thought I'd post about ZOOM, and The Electric Company. Does anyone remember those two? I used to rush home from school to watch those shows. I also would watch Mr. Rogers as well. He died a few years back. But all of those old shows really made me happy and bring back such memories. I was just wondering who else was into those old shows? And remembers them?

MamaNiecey

Asked by MamaNiecey at 11:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• OH Yeah... Zooma Zooma Zoom. Do you remember that hand thing? I used to think I was soo cool cause I could do that. Are we dating ourself? You bet. I loved Zoom. My brothers hated it. I watched the Electric Company and Mr. Rogers as well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• no i dont remember them, I do remember mr rogers and have recently started to record the reruns on pbs for my son....WON"T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i remember them---i remember the amazing spiderman that was on the electric company LOL--and the song ZOOM--i sent for a recipe from ZOOM for pretzels that i still have--loved those shows--thanks for the reminder :)
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 11:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I remember Morgan Freeman on The Electric Company. The new version is just as whack as the old school one. Love it!
    Anonymous

• Yes I do, c'mon and zoom, zoom, zooma, zoom that was part of the "Zoom" song...lol

And the "The Electric Company" where "Rita Moreno" would yell out "HEY YOU GUYS!!!" (atleast I thought that was her...it sounded like her)

Now she's become an actress, when I see her on movies I remember her saying those words above...lol

Ahh! those were the days....happy

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thanks for all of your responses. Guesss what??? I still remember the addy. Box 350 Boston Mass 02134 ...................... Send it to ZOOM .................. Now what a memoery hun? I wanted to be on that show so bad. I wanted a red and blue shirt. I used to like Nancy with the 2 ponytails. That was a great show. And the Electric Comapny had some Good Shows as well. They had a special on Noggin a few years ago, and I had recorded it. I think it was 4 episodes. I still have it. It's old. But it makes my day everytime I pull it out and play it. I enjoy the older shows so much better than the remakes. Thanks you all for the input. Add more comments if you'd like. How old are yall of you? I am 43. Feels like I am still a young girl. Thanks again for taking a walk down memory lane with me. I will be posting more questions.
    Niecey
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 2:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Yes, I remember watching them both.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The Mickey Mouse Club, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

• Yes, I remember Zoom and The Electric Company. I used to watch all of the PBS shows when I was little. Anybody remember Schoolhouse Rock? I've rented them for my 6 yr. old- he loves them!

Geea

Answer by Geea at 8:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't remember Zoom but I do remember Electric Company .
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009