At what age would you let your baby leave you for the night?

frog643

Asked by frog643 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We just had our first overnight get away, baby was 9 months old at the time. I was really worried he was to young, but my parents took care of him great and I think he really liked the sleep over. We are thinking about doing it again next month. I kept calling my parents until about midnight. Hopefully next time I can go all night without calling every five minutes! LoL!
    Anonymous

• My baby's just over 8 months and I have a business trip at the end of this month, so I guess i'm going to find out how he does without me. :) Emotionally, I'm not sure I'm ready, to be honest, but I don't have a choice. The baby will be with Daddy, though, so hopefully it won't be too jarring for him.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 12:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• probably between 3-6 years old ;)
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Never haha
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Blah, I'd give anything for one night without my daughter in our room. She's almost seven weeks old. But I'm suffering from PPD...so I feel kind of bad for wanting her gone.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well i'm nursing on demand, so not anytime soon. My daughter is nine months. I agree with cassieniccole though.. I dont know if I could deal with it until she was a few years.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my daughter was 3 months old, and we had a firemans instilation dinner to go to. She stayed with grandma.. so it wasn't a big worry.. (I missed her like crazy though, lol, but it was nice to get out after being stuck at home for pretty much 6 months)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had to leave DD at 22 months when I was in the hospital giving birth to DS. DS is 18 mos now, and will be having surgery next month, for which I will stay with him one night in the hospital, and DD is almost 3 and a half, so she will stay home with dad and grandma.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had to leave my son for a night when he was a week shy of 3 months, I ended up in the ER for an appendectomy.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• At around 7 years old but only with very close family.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2009