my son has a very bad diaper rash and iv tryed everything...what can i do

stacierose

Asked by stacierose at 11:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• he might have a yeast infection, can you take him to the doctor?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Cleanse the area really good with soap and water then dabb it softly with a dry towel and wait put the diaper on and wait and when he has a bm use a warm wash cloth not a wipe and put diaper on and wait. some of these diaper creams might be to harsh for his delicate skin and the wipes have alcohol in them (some). Do this until he gets better.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• everything i had tried for diaper rash never worked. then i found some stuff at walmart called "smiths butt cream" or something like that. it worked really really well.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 1:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• your not going to believe what our doctor told us...rubbing mylanta. Yes, make sure your hands and clean and just regular mylanta and it worked.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies make sure its clean and dry, if it is super red and very bumpy it could be a yeast infection diaper rash my nephew just had one of those. It spread super fast and was HORRIBLE. His pediatrition prescribed some special cream and told us to give him yogurt lol.. the only diaper rash cream that has ever worked for my L.O. is creamy overnight desitin..
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 2:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Try Resinol you will have to ask the pharmacist to order it for you. I promise it works. I'm a nurse this ointment was used in nursing homes several years ago. it works over night! I honestly could not believe how fast it cleared my daughters rash.

KOWEN

Answer by KOWEN at 11:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2009