She gets fussy at the same time everynight...?

My daughter is a little over 1 month old...and for a few weeks now she cries everyngiht starting around 830 and goes till 10-12. Anyone maybe know why?

ArmyWifeNewMom

Asked by ArmyWifeNewMom at 11:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• possibly acid reflux.

don't accept colic as an answer though, that is just a cop out answer of "we don't know what's wrong, just deal with it"
    Anonymous

• ask your doc, but it could be nothing. Some babies just have a regular time of the day thats fussy time. My DD used to every night at 8. But they grow out of it
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• probably destressing from the day.. you gotta think, everything is stimulation for them, they've been in a nice quiet environment for months, this is all scary for them.. so they cry out the 'stress' of the day, it makes sense right? you just gotta hug her and let her know its ok to let it out.. also, don't rule colic out, its very likely at that age for it to be colic, try 'gripe water' i used it and loved the stuff.. saved my sanity!! it'll help her pain from colic and generally calm her down. and its homeopathic so its not even strong stuff, don't worry. good luck :)
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It is possible that she's overtired and wants to go to bed earlier. The theory of destressing is accurate, too, but it sounds like she's up pretty late. Try putting her to bed earlier and see if that makes a difference.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 12:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It could me many things, for sure. My son got really gassy around that time, because he wasn't moving while he was lying in his crib. Mylicon saved our sanity. It reduces gas and/or colic. Also, talk to her doctor about acid reflux. Our son had it. We chose not to medicate him for it, but put a sleep positioner in his crib that put him at an incline, and that worked wonders. Don't worry, though. She'll grow out of it soon.
    ktrog

Answer by ktrog at 12:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My daughter started to do this when she was 3 months old every late afternoon around 3 like cloc work she would cry. I would hold her rock her try to nurse her nothing helped. When my husband came home from work at 5:30 I would hand him our daughter and take a shower. sometimes just cry. My husband would take our daughter in the bathroom hold her and rock her standing while the bathroom fan was on for about an hour every day my husband did this.. Something about the noise & and being in her daddy arms soothed her. This lasted until she was almost 5 months.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It could very well be colic, my ds had it from about 6 weeks to 3 1/2 months...every night from 6 - 12 he would just cry and cry, the doctors couldnt figure it out... but dont worry, she'll grow out of it.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• could be gas, could be hungry, could just be over tired, etc. Try a few different things, and I'm sure you'll find what it is.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• She's probably overtired. She cannot go to sleep, though she really wants to, so she gets frustrated and cries. Try putting her to bed earlier.
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 9:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2009