Can I give my kitten my breastmilk?

I have an 11 week old kitten. When I first got her a few days ago I didn't feel like she was drinking or eating enough and I was worried about her so I though maybe I could coax her into drinking some expressed breastmilk. She loved it and now she paws and sniffs and my breasts and I know she wants milk. Would it be bad for her to give her just an ounce or two everry couple of days? I don't mind giving it to her and I have plenty to spare, I just don't want it to hurt her. I figured since we drink cows milk and goats milk and stuff that it shouldn't be bad but now I'm secon guessing myself. She's only had it twice so far.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pets

• do you have your kitten suck your breasts or from a bottle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was wondering also how you give it to the kitten ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• im sure it is from a bottle
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I doubt someone would let a kitten suckle at their breast. Then again, you never know. lol I'm guessing the kitten just drinks it out of a bowl.

Still, it seems a bit strange to me.
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 9:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol, the key words "expressed breastmilk". I give it to her in a bowl. Any advice on wether it could hurt her or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• We had two kittens that were two days old. We bought the milk at the store in a box, and fed it to them with the little bottles they sell. However, at three months old, kittens are suppose to be eating kitten food. If it seems difficult for the kitten to eat, I'd recommend canned cat food, because of its soft texture.
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't think it was bad for the cat, but it may be a bit odd to do it. I DID see a video of a japanese girl letting a kitten suckle her breast so it may not be as unheard of as people think. Personally, I'd buy catsip, the non-dairy milk you can buy for cats in the cat food aisle. I hear frosty paws (doggie ice cream) is good for kitties too, if you'd like to try a cold treat.
    Jinxiewolf

Answer by Jinxiewolf at 9:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• This is honestly the strangest question I have ever heard, LOL. I cannot even answer it except to say I would not give a cat my breastmilk. The cat is plenty old enough to be weaned, lol, lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• OP here: well, it's not that she needs it anymore, she's eating and drinking fine now so she doesn't need any kitten formula. It's just that she wants it and I figured as long as it doesn't hurt her then the extra nutrients would be good for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think it would be fine, but I really have no idea. I dont think your that weird lol. Maybe you could ask your vet?
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009