induced????

i was talking to one of my friends
and she said she was getting induced on march 1st
but her due date aint till the 11th
so i asked her y and she said she wanted the baby out
i did not think docs would do that till after the date so i guess my question is
how many of u were induced
did u get induced before the due date or after???
and if it was before y did u decied to do that???

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced 2 days late.
    My cousin who is 32 or 33 weeks is getting induced at 39 weeks so her mom who lives in another state can be there...but they same doc who is doing this for her also induced her friend at 39 weeks. I guess he just likes to if the baby is ready lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i had my fist induced for "medical reasons" and yes it was done before the due date. Im 4'11'' tall and my baby was almost 9 lbs, doctore claimed there was no way my hips were going to open for such a huge creature, this was two weeks before the due date. If we waited till the due date she might have reached to be 10 lbs!

With my second i had a scheduled csection. I went to a different ob gyn because i was convinced the first one was wrong. Sure enough the 2nd doctor said the same thing, he actually said that unless the baby was 5-6 lbs there is no way i would deliver the baby vaginally : (
    krubalc

Answer by krubalc at 12:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was induced 11 days early. For me it was a couple of reasons. I have quite a few health problems and towards the end I was just in so much pain I couldn't take it anymore. I had been on bedrest for 8 weeks so that made my arthritis that much worse, and my hubby was at boot camp and if I had her much later it would have been so close to when he would have been coming home they wouldnt have let him take leave. But it was 90% due to the fact that physically carying her was becoming too difficult. Not all doctors will do it but some will. Mine luckily did. My health has been much better this time around so I plan to go the whole way!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was induced about 2 weeks before my due date, as I had pre-eclampsia. It is okay, as long as the Dr. has determined that the baby's lungs are fully developed. My son weighed 7 lbs., 3 ozs., so his birth weight was fine. I really wouldn't have wanted him to have gotten much bigger, especially since it was my first time giving birth.
    My second son came naturally 2 1/2 weeks early & weighed 7 lbs., 11 1/2 ozs. Being born up to 3 weeks early is not a cause for alarm, as most babies can survive outside the womb by then.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was induced the day after my due date because of high blood pressure. Turns out they should have induced me much earlier because my son was almost 10lbs!
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i most likely am being induced q week early because of how fast she is growing my dr doesnt want me to tear as bad as i did with my first i bled for ever i swear .. so they want to try to cut to the chase
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was induced two weeks after my due date with my first child. The doctors wanted to induce me when I was a few days past my due date. I wanted to know how long I can go with out being induced and two weeks was the longest the doctors felt safe for my baby. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was NOT induced and I am against induction in other than emergent cases. Unless my baby's life or my life was in Immediate danger, I would not agree to an induction. That's just me. I was lucky and went into labor on my due date naturally.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was induced with my first, 2 weeks early, for a faux medical reason. I should never have been induced and most definitely wouldn't have done it for selfish reasons. I trusted my OB and that's what I got. : /
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• if i dont go into labor within the next week i will be induced. it will be AFTER my due date
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009