Is it love or past feelings?

I recently found and old instant message from my son's father that was dated all the way back to 2004 when we were dating. I showed it to him and he was shocked that I still had it, we laughed and joked, etc. Basically reminisced, well in the IM, we were talking nasty, saying how much we loved eachother, talking about the love we shared for our son, who at the time was 5 months old...anyway it was just a great conversation, i dont even remember it, but he does.

Anyway, so now i have all these emotions rushing through me, and to this day (since him)i have never really been able to love anyone because maybe i am still in love with him? Im not sure, but its all so confusing!

By the way, we broke up because i was ready for marriage and he wasnt, he kept stringing me along.

Am I in love or am i just reminiscing about the past and how good we had it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• In my opinion, only you will know if you are in love or not.
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 12:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• IMO you are still in love. If marriage is the only reason you left I think you should rethink that...whats a piece of paper anyway? It is worth a shot for you and your son. You sound in love with him....
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It sounds like real feelings to me. I agree with Mikayla lynn. You, him and your son are a family regardless. IMO love IS the most important reason to be with someone.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• But its been so long, how do i even approach him about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would call him and ask if you could meet to talk to him privately and discuss something or be direct and say how you feel about him,
    obviously there are some feelings there that need to be explored or your always going to be left saying what if he was "the one" and I rushed him?
    chances are he probably still has feelings for you also, and if he doesn't at least you'll know and not be left wondering.
    He might have just been afraid of marriage. To most guys marriage is scary, will we stay in love or will it rip us apart, and he may have came from a background of broken marriages and seen first hand how scary they are, the fact is if you really get to love him you shouldn't let a document stand in your way, tell him you were afraid to tell him how you felt because it had been so long, be honest and hope for he best ;)
    CaliLizard_2009

Answer by CaliLizard_2009 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009