Started Selling Avon and i dont think it is for me.

I started selling Avon and i was so excited. I just submitted my first campaign order and it was actually a good one. It was over $500.00. But there are just some things that i dont like and dont thingk i want to put up with them for no more than i will probably actually profit.
For one, every time i called customer service, it was a terrible experience. First off, i couldnt understand the person because of there heavy accent. Second of all they were like robots and kept repeating the same thing which didnt even answer my question. And i dont even think they understood what i was asking.
Then i guess because my order was so big the first time i had to put up a deposit. Then it said my order was in review. Well finally it is suppose to be shipped tomorrow, and i looked at the invoice it has online and i dont thing some of the prices match what the brochure said. Then of course there were items that wernt even available.
Has anyone else had issues like this with avon? Maybe it is just me being a bitch, but i am normally a very smart person and the way they do things confuses the heck out of me. Plus i cant communicate with people who cant understand me and i cant understand them.
My problem is that i ordered some sales things for me like brochures, samples and bags and stuff and this campaign order was such a pain, i dont know if i want to do the next one.
Should i give a little more of a chance?
I am not looking to make a killing or anything. I stay at home now and thought i might be a way to bring in a little spending money for me and the babies but it may be more than what it is worth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Money & Work

• Well, I used to sell AVON and I never used customer service, because they suck. I just called my regional manager or sponsor for answers. New reps often do not get the clearance items, it's a seniority thing. Numbers are sometimes campaign specific. Say you saw a product on sale in another campaign and decided you wanted to buy it at that price using the numbers from a different campaign, the price will be different. Wait until you can see your invoice and see if you can make sense of the prices. Post again if you have issues, I'll try to help you
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I tried it about 15 yrs ago and I ended up owing them money and never making any. About 3 or 4 months into it- I quit
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Unfortunately, I was my own best customer at first. I then got a couple of people under me and I started to make out pretty good
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• *it wasn't so much from ME buying stuff- it was more from people not paying for stuff when it came in
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Then quit.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Try different ones until you find the perfect one for you!
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I could never work in sales
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• It isn't "for me" because the market is over saturated....and you have to sell at least 49.00 per campaign to make ANYTHING, period. less than that, you make 0 commission.
    And, 10% commission on a two dollar lip gloss is .20
    And you still get stuck for shipping. Meaning, you pay THEM for the order.
    There's something going on here, and it's not good
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Hi, I'm not sure you've found the answer you were looking for.  I'd like to invite you to join my Cafemom business group.  We have a direct sales forum and we are also a no advertising forum.  I know some of our members have had similiar problems with their companies.  Maybe they could give you some advice.

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I started with Avon a few years back ~ and like you was very excited. Ordered lots of books, took them everywhere. I got some regular customers and did some good sales every now and then but never made enough to really help out. It became more of a hassle and expense than a help. But, I do like some of the products and have one or two people that call from time to time to place a small order. I never had too many problems with orders, but agree about customer service ~ I never liked calling as the people that answered were hard to understand and not real helpful... I have tried many other things over the years too with not much success ~ some good, some not so good! I have recently found a home business that is THE ONE! Only $10/month, awesome products, no home parties, great pay plan (one part of which Every paid member gets paid no matter what level you are at), absolutely wonderful team!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 9:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2012