Obama in Florida - Town hall meeting turns into begging.

Obama was in Florida to speak about the bailout. Begging began.
1. A young, hispanic man (Julio) states that he has worked at the same job (McDonalds) for four-and-a-half years because of the fact that he can't find another job. He asked Obama, "Now, with the fact that I've been there for as long as I've been there, do you have any plan or any idea of making one that has been there for a long time receive any better benefits than what they've already received?"

2. A black woman in the small audience got the 'floor' and she begged Obama for a new house, with her "own kitchen" and her "own bathroom". She pleaded with him that the housing authority wait list was 2 years. Obama directed her to speak with his staff.

So, my question is: Do you think that we've started an era of selfish begging. #1 - whining about his benefits to the President? #2 - cutting everyone else in line?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How long did it take for you to dig this up? Just curious. Because it's crap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• its because all he is wanting to do is give hand outs to certain groups of people this is not the end of the people beggin obama for crap becuase and i quote from some people in my neighborhood... " a brotha is in office he will he them " it is bull and sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Um, I just watched it on the Channel 7 local news at 11:00pm. It was PATHETIC. Highlights on the President and the bailout, with bonus viewing of people begging, then highlights on the stock market falling. it was awesome entertainment (sarcasm)

why do you think it is crap? just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

it is called watching the news try it some time!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Obama was in Fort Myers, FL and introduced by Gov. Charlie Crist. I suggest you watch the video.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090210/OBAMA/90210055/0/obama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Free stuff comes from Oprah, not Obama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Everyone wants thier handout.
    NObama4real

Answer by NObama4real at 1:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• This is what's wrong with America...the fact that someone asking what can be done to provide benefits and avenues for advancement to those working in what can be dead end jobs ( which is MILLIONS of people, FYI) and someone asking what will be done to help the homeless is viewed as "begging". Niiiiiice.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lmao anon 10:09 and yeah if he cannot do it for everyone in this country then NO ONE should get anything, seriously just because she is homeless she should get a house with her own kitchen, OMG cry me a freakin river, then build yourself a bridge to get the heck over it, not to mention what about all the other homeless people here? I swear people must think this man is God or something

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2009