My 3 year old daughter is playing with her doll- calling it her baby sister! (and dropping it repeatedly on it's head accidentally...)

This won't happen with the real baby right? She is being SO sweet and carrying around her "baby sister"

but everytime the doll drops on the floor I cringe a little. Not like I'd let her carry a baby around- but man! The dropping the baby factor is going to be raised this time around isn't it??

I was SO overprotective with my first baby- she didn't get hurt til after 2 years old- I was a hawk.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Um, I'd say keep an eye on her when she's alone with the "real" baby... LOL! When my second granddaughter was born, I was holding her upright on my lap and her sister (then 3) kicked the baby right in the stomach.... Literally, I cried.... I could not react... all I could do was yell for my daughter. OMG, I was scared to death. She was just fine, but grandma was NOT!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I would have a heart attack mavi :(
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I'm sure it'll be fine. Like you said, she won't be carrying the baby, or holding her without you sitting right there. Maybe have a little talk with her about how fragile babies are, & how careful she'll have to be? It's great that she's excited, though!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• She was just trying to carry the baby, a bin, a blanket and two play bottles. The baby kept slipping out of the bin onto it's head.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Same advice as KA91, talk to her about the new baby and how fragile real babies are. Don't let her carry the baby alone and don't leave her alone with the baby. With kids you never know what can happen.
    I'm sure everything will be just fine. :)
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 6:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2012