What activities do you allow on school nights for teens?

My daughter has occasionally gone to a movie right after school or to a volleyball game nothing after 8pm. I am kinda surprised by the fact that this year - 10th grade alot of the girls are having sleep overs during the week. My daughter is mad because I will not allow it.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• no sleepovers during the week unles there are circumstances that make it easier or necessary- My daughter had maybe 2 of them during the week while she was in high school and it was fine-they went to bed and got up and went to school

they are allowed to go do things but need to be home by 8 usually is my rule during the week- but my kids don't go out that much anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• If the mother hosting the sleep over insists on normal bedtimes, I would have no problem.
    DD or mor often one of her friends slept over often enogh.
    Mine went to movies, sports and concerts and any number of clubs as of course drama club was a later activity as well. As long as we met bed time I was fine. Drama nights I would extend and hour or so.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Youth group stuff mostly. My own kids are a big enough pain in the butt in the morning, I don't want anyone else
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I did it a lot as a teen. I just had to do my chores and homework before I went to my friends .
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Sports, school events but no sleepovers unless there's no school the next day. I don't have an 8:00 time to be home as some activites don't even start until 7-8pm. My son had baseball games that didn't start until 730 and lasted until 10pm.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2012