Not sure where to post this.....I backed into a car and am going to court...

I backed into a parked car ,thankfully no one was in it.This is my first time to be involved in any kind of car accident.I accept full responsibility.I am going to court next week .Was just wondering what was going to happen.Could i be fined or what?Thank goodness the lady was kind about situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Money & Work

• I have insurnace.I had no tickets .Have never been in trouble with the law.I have know idea whats going on.I apologized several times.She even gave me a hug before i left.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Did you report it to your car insurance? Provide her with accurate information?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Yeah you're not telling us something.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• The cop gave me a citation.And on it it says" backing without safety ".I just didn't see the car plain an simple.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• It just happened about 2 hours ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• You got the ticket for a traffic violation, not the accident. You should be able to just pay the fine without going to court, but if you do go to court the judge will ask you how you plead, you say guilty, he'll ask if you want to go to traffic school, you say yes (so it won't go on your driving record), and then he'll probably lower the fine a bit, give you a period of time to pay it or offer a payment plan, and then give you a list of accepted traffic schools. You call the traffic school (easiest is to do online, takes less than an hour vs. a 6-8 hour class), you pay their fee (usually about $40) and take the class, submit the certificate to the courts, and you're done with it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I have nothing to hide .I am very confused about why i need to go to court.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• If it just happened you will receive a ticket in the mail with the amount you are expected to pay. You can either pay it without going to court, or wait for the court date and go through everything I just listed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Thanks maecntpntz219
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Wonder how much a ticket like would be?I live in Texas.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2012