Not sure where to post this.....I backed into a car and am going to court...

I backed into a parked car ,thankfully no one was in it.This is my first time to be involved in any kind of car accident.I accept full responsibility.I am going to court next week .Was just wondering what was going to happen.Could i be fined or what?Thank goodness the lady was kind about situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Money & Work

• why court? are the insurance companies arguing? i've been hit twice by other drivers..even one who said he didn't back into me (while i was sitting in the parked car..lol.)..and the insurance companies dealt it out..no court appearances.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Don't know why court is being involved unless you didn't have insurance or a license. Other than that it should have been a simple case of exchanging information and filing a police report (And in some jurisdictions paying a fine). So if it involves court you're not telling us something because something is not up to snuff
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Why the hell are you going to court? This is not normal. And she doesn't sound very nice.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• You got the ticket for a traffic violation, not the accident. You should be able to just pay the fine without going to court, but if you do go to court the judge will ask you how you plead, you say guilty, he'll ask if you want to go to traffic school, you say yes (so it won't go on your driving record), and then he'll probably lower the fine a bit, give you a period of time to pay it or offer a payment plan, and then give you a list of accepted traffic schools. You call the traffic school (easiest is to do online, takes less than an hour vs. a 6-8 hour class), you pay their fee (usually about $40) and take the class, submit the certificate to the courts, and you're done with it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• you might be fined a ticket..i don't understand why you couldn't just pay it, though. idk.
    dullscissors

• I've never heard of going to court for a simple fender bender.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I have never went to court for something like this.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• She's not being very kind if you are going to court for it!!! Why isn't your insurance company handling this??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Did you not have insurance? Because, like the other state, I've never heard of going to court for a fender bender
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• What happens really depends on whether you had insurance and whether your state requires it. And on your prior record, if any.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2012