Hhave you ever been in a car accident and do you drive differently after being in one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in Money & Work

• Multiple, and no - but none were major. More than half of them I was a passenger so couldn't do anything anyway. The ones where I was driving, most were not my fault. Riding in an 18 wheeler with DH did more to change my driving than any of my accidents.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I was rear-ended at a stop light. Seeing as it was no fault of my own and I was at a full stop when it occured there's not too much for me to change "driving wise" now is there
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• No but my dad was killed in one and it completely changed my offensive and defensive driving,
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• yeah, I had an accident in the snow once. Really taught me to slow my ass down. Then I had a near accident once when a driver blew thru a red light and almost T-boned me. He was really moving, and the only reason he didnt hit me was I hadnt gone right away when my light changed to green cuz I had a soda in my hand, and I couldn't shift into first gear very fast. It really taught me to look both ways even when the light says I have the right of way... he would have killed me!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Heck yes. At least for a while. I'm paranoid going through intersections now.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Yes and no. I have been in a few, most were not my fault and nothing I did could have changed them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Yes I have. #1 I was used as a speed bump by a semi truck. If it weren't for a friend who MADE me drive again, I would have never gotten behind a wheel again. That was almost 15 years ago and I still get white knuckles when a semi is on my left.

#2 was just after the 4th of July, this year. I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended. Repairs wound up being $4,000. It wound up being 4 cars total. I drive the same now as I did before that idiot rear ended me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Yes. You tend to keep that fear with you for a long, long time. I was in a tragic accident when I was 15. It happened on a gravel road... Even after all these years, I still hate gravel roads.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• A long time ago when I was in my early 20 I was in an accident, I was not driving. After that I could not stand for anyone else to drive. I had to drive. Or I kept my eyes closed the whole time I was in the car.  Especialy going around corners. It took years to get over that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• I was in a bad accident 10 years ago where I was severly injured. It wasn't my fault. Having that accident and my cousin dying in an accident has definantly changed the way I drive.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2012