Would you feel bad?

I have 2 boys, ages 3 and 17 months. Dh and I finally live close to family again, and I have been dealing with quite a bit of things from my past (things that caused PTSD, extreme anxiety, depression). Anyway, I am mentally exhausted, and so DH and the boys went to stay with his mom from tonight until Monday. I really feel like if I had to deal with constant need from other people for 4 more days (dh isnt very helpful when I'm around with them), I was going to snap and have a complete nervous breakdown. I'm the primary caretaker and dh is gone often.

I still feel badly. I feel like a terrible mom because I cant handle being around my kids.

Would you feel bad?

shesliketx

Asked by shesliketx at 6:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• You are not only a mom, you are a person! Take it easy on yourself ok? Don't waste your break beating yourself up because the weary must recharge.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Its good to take care of yourself so you can take care of your family.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Everyone needs a day off now and then.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• It's normal to feel like that. It's also normal to feel guilty about feeling like that. Actually, I'd say it's healthy to feel guilty, but don't let the guilt get to you. Do what you have to do to be the best mom you can be!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• You need to get heathy. It's better for everyone.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Ever heard the saying, "When mom's happy everyone's happy"? It's true. You deserve to take the break. Enjoy it & enjoy it GUILT FREE! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Oh HELL no. You enjoy your mini vacation to the max..... After all, that's not a very long vacation... they'll be back before you know it.

Relax, unwind and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Please enjoy this time away from your family! It really is good for you!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• Thanks y'all. I'm about in tears because I just hate that I'm so excited to be by myself....
    shesliketx

Comment by shesliketx (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2012

• you are getting mental health time-that is SO ok - !!! I'm a anxiety depression mommy and the Primary caretaker as well when we are both hom ewith our son - I get it!!!!!! but the guilt will more than always fall because we are women and mothers and media shows we should be "perfect" - no one is perfect!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2012