Would you tell him?

I cheated on my DH this past month and I have realized what a huge mistake that was. Should I just leave it and pretend like it didnt happen or should I tell him? I hate to basically be living a lie but I also dont want to cause a problem in our relationship. Yes I know I already DID cause a problem but is it just better left unsaid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• The majority of the time people cheat It's because something is missing in their relationship. Not because they don't love the person they're cheating on. This is what it sounds like to me. Figure out what's missing. Talk to him about it. See if it can be fixed without too much effort. Telling him will be like punishing him for something you did. You have to separate what you did from the rest of your life.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• He will find out...they always do. NOTHING is ever a secret
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No. You have to tell him. Your actions must be held accountable for. He might leave you, I would. But what's done is done. Once a cheater always a cheater. Unfortunately, you made the mess, now you have to fess up to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Secrets will eat you alive and they ruin relationships...could you imagine how bad it would be if he found out from anyone other than you...?!
    G-MansMama

Answer by G-MansMama at 1:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• tell him be accountable for your actions...ive been there...he loved me enough to forgive me and we are still together after 3 wonderful years
    4mycap

Answer by 4mycap at 1:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Personally I would not tell him unless their is a good chance of him finding out. I think only you and you alone can say that it was a mistake and that it will never happen again. If in your heart you feel that it would happen again, then I would tell him and move on. I don't believe in the saying "once a cheater always a cheater" a mistake that huge will wake you up and force you to see why you did it and if it was worth it.obviously you are regretting it so you made a mistake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you cheated,then you do not love him enough to be with him.If you are hiding this, then that shows you do not love him that much either in my opinion. When you cheated,you already broke up. I would suggest respecting him,being a honest person and telling him...and being woman enough to deal with the consequences. Do not hide it or do it again, karma will catch up with you. Sorry! Good luck!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• bump
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• bump
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Hey.. sorry but I've been around the block a few times... and I am NOT going to agree with above Posters. If you cheated Once and truly are sorry and this "other" Person will not come into your ( or his) Life anymore ( like he isn't a friend).. Then NO.. don't tell him. Unfortunately YOU are going to have to live with the guilt...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2009