What would you do?

My SO's family has been on us non stop because I am pregnant and we are not married. We have planned on getting married but we had hit a ruff patch in our relationship with my hormones going crazy and all. My family on the other hand just wants us to be happy and make sure we do what we want. We both really want to get married, but now it feels like something we are being pushed into and we are being alittle rebelious (spelling). We talked about it today and the only thing we can't agree on is I just want to go the the court house and get hitched, he wants a small wedding. HELP ME!!!! What would you do.

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Definately do not worry what your SO's family is saying, they can kiss your butt, its your relationship, not theirs! You two get married when you are ready! I know its easier and less costly to go to the court house but your SO probably wants something he can involve the family in, its probably something special to him, might want to keep his feelings in mind too...
    I can't tell you how special my wedding pics are to me, I go back and look at them alot, it just brings back the way you felt that day, the fun you had, also years down the road will remind you how you used to look and how young you were, lol
    G-MansMama

Answer by G-MansMama at 1:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I went through the same thing! First of all, dont do anything unless yuo absolutely want to!! I got pregnant, and me and my SO were talking about marriage before I had gotten pregnant. We talked a lot after we found out we were expecting, and weighted the pros and cons of marriage. We did decide on getting married before the baby came. In january of 2008 we went and did the court house thing which was great! we just ahd our parents there and it only cost $15!! But I of course still wanted my dream wedding! So we decided to have our big day, and we actually just got remarried this saturday! it was amazing and I think it was the smartest choice i ever made! we both got to have it our way, and we had insurance for all 3 of us, and money was alright, and then i got to celebrate with my family and friends! i highly recommend doing that, but of course, this is a very personal decision between the two of you. Good luck and congrats!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I personally think that he wants the small wedding so his parents can see it and be apart of it and so they will leave him alone. If you are hearing them nagging to you, then imagine what they are saying to him when you aren't around.
    The court house thing is pretty nice too, that is if you want to just go and do it. But make sure that it is something that you want. I personally am thinking about doing it, but my fiance knows that i dont want to. I just want to get married and not have to worry about all the money and planning. but i know if i dont have a ceremony with a dress and all that i will regret it.
    Whatever you do, just make sure that it is something that you want to do and that your fiance wants. It is your life and your wedding. If the future in laws dont stay back then i would quickly put them there (in a nice way of course). Don't let them start pushing you around because tehn it wount stop.
    alldolledup2005

Answer by alldolledup2005 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was int he same situation we waited till after our son was born we did what we wanted not what they wanted its your realtionship they will get over it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• WAIT! As long as you feel you need too. Just because you are pregnant doesnt mean you have to be married. Do it when you and him are ready and do it for yourselves.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You could always compromise and get married in a court house and then have a small reception afterward. Most people like coming to weddings for the reception anyways!
    My husband and I were pregnant when we got married, but knew before we got pregnant that we planned to get married after a few years. We both agreed that we should get married before we had the baby, so we had a small wedding and reception.
    Pregnancy hormones are insane! It's hard for men to understand them too because they never deal with pms or anything, so that makes it more difficult.
    If you both agree that you want to get married, do it! Don't rebel. His parents just want what's best for their grandchild-to-be, which really is a mom and dad who are in a committed marriage.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009