anyone here able to walk and talk and act normal through your labor contractions in the beginning?

when you were in ACTIVE labor... ?? im just curious.

and i dont mean when you are dilating for weeks or days i mean you start having ontractions and you are able to function completely normal and then go to the hospital and you give birth??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no active labor i was screaming lol it hurt like hell ... im hopeing it wil be a little better this time around
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was fine with my first until I started pushing. I went to the bathroom unassisted, I was talking just fine. However, with my second, after the 20th hour of labor I just gave up talking and walking. I am not sure if that was because the labor was in itself too hard or just the fact that it had been 20 hours.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Everything was normal except for the last couple of hours. I had to be on pitocin though (no epidural).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yup, the labor and delivery nurses didn't believe i was really in labor until they checked me. They thought i was too calm and acting too normal. I just have a high pain tolerance and a lot of self control.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• When I was having my contractions it was really painful but I was still able to talk I just didn't really want to. I was in a really bad mood.. Once I got my epidural I was fine and joking around with everyone until I started pushing and then I was screaming haha
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 5:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I used to work for SuperCuts. I had a woman that went into labor while cutting hair. She would stop for a second while she had a contraction and then start again. She was determined to finish the cut she was on before she left. We had to make her quit. Good thing we did... she had her baby within 20 minutes of getting to the hospital.
    happymom_0307

Answer by happymom_0307 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Yes I could communicate, but I preferred to just have everyone be quiet. We were watching Tv the only time I ever went in to labor on my own at home. I would kind of tense up and my mom would ask if it was another contraction. I'd just nod my head yes and she'd start timing. Then when it was over we'd go back to regular conversation.

Of course this was VERY early active labor. Several hours later I thought I was dying and I was only dilated to a one. LOL Ahh first babies are a lot of fun...it's funny how things go so different in subsequent babies.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yes! with my 3rd child, I was in labor, & didn't even know it! At my doctor appt my midwife, told me to go to the hospital and check myself in! I hardly felt a thing with her! The whole labor was almost painless! I was walking around, smiling, talking, normal! I couldn't believe it was that easy! My 1st 2 labors were quite different! I experienced about 20 minutes of pain, which was still very tolerable!!!
    tts

Answer by tts at 7:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• With my first two, NO. From about 5-6cm, things were extremely unpleasant.

With my third....it was so weird. I wasn't in ANY pain until I got to 9cm. It was the most bizarre experience. I was just sitting around in my hospital bed....watching TV....chatting with my hubby....watching my contractions peak on the little screen.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I guess my labor was pretty much perfect. I was fine through out the whole thing beginning to end. I didnt really talk at all. I didnt scream once I did have an epidural but I was already 8 cm they werent even gonna give it to me but I begged. It did hurt like hell though. I just clutched the bed really hard. They offered me a wheel chair but I was perfectly fine to walk. I was in labor for 30 hours. Pushed for 4. It was long but really not that bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009